Thursday 12 July 2007

Test test

Hi there!

Not quite sure what I'm supposed to do, but I guess it is okay for me to just start writing stuff that will bore all of you. So let's start with the beginning, will we:

I've arrived in the beautiful England last Friday. A whole bunch of Belgians stayed over at Stu & Lotte's new/old appartment(rumour has it that Bram might snore), waiting for the big day to come. And there it was, the moving-in party on Saturday. We had a big BBQ, followed by a bonfire. My boss-to-be was there too, but, shy is I am, I did not dare to go and talk to him. Shame in me! I do want to apologise, but, again, to shy a girl. Never mind, we had a great time! And I do mean "English time", as everyone was vast asleep at 12.30 o'clock. For Belgians, and especially Yellow-Towners, this sounds very odd. That night, all I could dream of was Tommeke. Oh yes, I saw that cute Belgian (buttom) driving by, on Sunday. The Tour de France came right through Tunbridge Wells, and we had the honour of waiting for 2 hours and see some coloured spots flying by in 3 seconds. I was so excited. I have filmed the whole event. It didn't really work though, as all you can hear is some crazy chick screaming "Boooooooooonen"! Hmmm...wonder where those painful glands come from.

Monday...I was shaking. My first day @ Wordtrans. First impression: warm & too organic (Lotte will understand). No, it was rather nice, as the first thing I could see was people running around on bare feet. Think about it, going to work, taking off your shoes, go and make yourself a nice cup of coffee, eat some cereals, chat a bit,.... Not the Belgian way of doing things, but it does make work much more pleasant. Until I found out what I would be doing. I was looking forward to keep busy with setting up projects and stuff, only, there are no projects at the moment. So what am I doing: cleaning up the mess. Not literally of course, I am updating the Translator's Database. Hard to explain what it is all about...just pretty boring. But I am still hoping for some project to come along, so I can do some real work, which would be much more satisfactory. Da komt allemaal in de sjakos, as Geelish people would say.

Right, I suppose I should get back to work, as my lunch break is over.

Technology, I trust on you to do your job, so that I haven't been writing all this for nothing. Next step: importing some pictures....

You'll hear from me again! Bye!

1 comment:

F²M said...

whipie!! welcome my dear!!
laat die Geelse tong maar rolle en die vingerkes maar tokkele!!
hopelijk meer excitement dan voor u in de komende weken!!