Monday 23 July 2007

Bye mummy!

What a lovely, yet exhausting, weekend!

My mother arrived on Friday, together with Lotte's parents. We met at Nero's for a coffee and I could immediately see she was already enjoying it. All she could say was : "'t Is vakantie!". Her last holiday was like 2/3 years ago, so I thought it was really brave of her to finally do something for herself, as she earns it more than anyone.

So, after a lovely dinner we all went to bed quite early. My mother slept like a (rather noisy :-) ) rose, not having to wake up to go to work or clean the house...

On Saturday my mum and I went to London. The weather at first was brilliant, until it started raining and it actually stayed grey for the rest of the day. Also, it was extremely crowdy. We had great fun though, I really enjoyed spending some time with her without anything else on our minds. I showed her everything London had to offer. We even were lucky enough to be on time for the change of guards at Buckingham Palace. Really nice! Shame though my mother had a bit of a fight with the camera and only took a picture of the street. But, keeping in mind she's related to me, she was eventually clever enough to handle the piece of technology. Well done her! We also included Harrods in our tour. A bit too crowdy because of the sales, but a good experience. We sat on top of a typical red London double decker bus. Eventually we ended our tour at the Big Ben and Houses of Parliament, singing "Always look on the bright side of life" and dancing in the middle of the street. Absolutely brilliant!

On Sunday we all went to Brighton. (6 in 1 car). Me and my mum first did some shopping, sightseeing and then went to the beach to meet up with the others. It was a lovely day: sun was shining, bleu sky, nice sea wind, couldn't have been better. Driving back, we did some off-roading (aka 'joy riding') and enjoyed the beautiful English countryside. We had dinner at The Beacon, a nice and cosy pub with the most amazing view ever seen.

And this morning we had to say goodbye. I am really glad she had such a good time and that she was able to relax a little...

How we love holidays!

No comments: