Sunday 29 July 2007

It's been quite a while now, so let's just start at the beginning, shall we..

On Monday, obviously, we had to go back to work after a really nice weekend. From then on my days of complaining about boring jobs are gone. It has been ridiculously busy this week. On top of that, my colleagues left me on Monday and Tuesday. There was a training they had to attend and so there we were, me and the big boss. Quite scary but we managed. It was a good experience for me though, especially all the proofreading. Loads of Dutch translations came in and I had the honour of reading them and pointing out to the translators what a horrible mistakes they had made. Can't get any more satisfying than that. Mind you, I did have some Tropicana Smoothie nightmares after having proofread translations about this product for a couple of days in a row. But as I said, I can't complain any longer, so that's all sorted!

On Monday, I also started going to the gym and I absolutely love it! It's a very small one, but all I need (I did mention the sauna, the jacuzzi and the sunbed, didn't I?!). No, I really enjoy it because I now feel as if I'm doing something useful and I'm always very proud of myself after having been working out for 1.5 hours. On Friday though, I was less lucky: I was having a shower when all of the sudden all lights went out. I thought...oh ow, I'll be spending my weekend at the gym. But suddenly someone shouted that it was a powercut. So there I was, under the shower, covered in shampoo, not knowing where to go, not knowing how to open my locker (padlock) and get my towel. What an excitement! For all those we are having dirty thoughts by now: I did not ask someone else to dry me off and I was wearing pants and stuff when I went home...

The weekend was very nice again. On Friday some Belgian couple and their 3 children came over and stayed till Sunday, lunchtime. So I decided to amuse myself, oh and I did! I went to the shopping centre to get myself new training trousers but ended up with loads of other things. Well you know, I needed an outfit for that evening and as I have issues with making decisions I needed to buy two, you see... So that evening I went out for dinner as it was Kristian's birthday. It was really nice, food was great, company (mind the exceptions - no names) was brilliant, we had a great laugh. Yep, I did enjoy that! So that night, I stayed over at Dan's (thx again), in his castle. I had my own bedroom and major bathroom. Loved it! Then on Sunday we went to Ikea in the afternoon, had some lunch there and got frustrated because they didn't have the bed Stu and Lotte wanted. Never mind, good excuse to go back soon. Afterwards we went to a quize at the pub. Very nice, they even served food. But no need in announcing the results...

There we go, fully updated. This young lady needs a bed!

1 comment:

F²M said...

voel me lichtelijk aangesproken op t eind van die tweede grote alinea... haha!! :-p
t klinkt ammel wel super Saar!!yipie!enjoy!!