Monday 16 July 2007

Me, myself and London

On Saturday, little Me went to the big City! Yes indeed, I did make it back, but not without any problems...

It all began on Trafalgar Square. I was taking some pictures (as tourists do) and all of the sudden a police man started screaming at me: "Go back, we are clearing the square". So okay, little Me started walking in the other direction. By that time loads of police had arrived, as well as the fire brigade. Then the whole crowd was ordered to go inside of the National Gallery and only ten minutes later we were allowed to go out through the back door. Never found out what had actually happened... So there I was, all disorientated, in this little street that wasn't even on the map. So I started walking around, and around... Oh yes, I realised I was just walking in circles. Good thing little Me is a Great map reader, and so I managed to make it to Buckingham Palace. Afterwards I walked to Picadilly Circus, St James's Park, Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Russel Square, St Paul's Cathedral, Tate Modern and back along the South Bank. I have walked miles and miles (resulting in some beautiful blisters), but I had a real good time.

Mother...prepare yourself!

No comments: