Sunday 2 September 2007

Здравствуйте мои друзья!

Oh how I hate goodbyes! I thought I'd take some memories with me to Russia:





So on Tuesday our plane took off - destination: Moscow, Russia. Yes, believe it or not, I was brave enough to undertake the big adventure. The flight was okay, no problems whatsoever. We already had the chance to meet a real Russian drunkard on the plane. What a laugh…

Arriving at the students’ residence, we quickly realised that it was time to leave the Belgian luxury behind us. Me and Petra have to share a room, as well as the 2 boys. 1 small room, 2 bad beds, 1 dirty toilet, 1 horrible bathroom.



We were practically the only ones at the dorm, except for 1 Swiss guy who speaks around 10 languages. Crazy that is…

Then I had to start acclimatising to the new Russian environment. What does that mean? Getting ill, of course. My throat started to get soar, my back hurts, as well as my head and ears. Today, I feel much better, but still not 100 %. But not to worry, I'll get integrated soon.

The last few days existed of loads of shopping, walking, pushing in metros, going to the university to arrange some things and, obviously, UNO & BEER!


I also bought a Russian number: +7 926 75781 42. There were some problems with my mobile, but I think I've sorted it. Sorry if someone had difficulties getting through.
Yesterday Moscow celebrated its 860th birthday. So we decided to walk into town to join the party. However, all we could see were police men everywhere and sealed streets. Hmmmm... Is that how the Russians party? To find out, we went to the club in the evening. Well, we tried anyway... First one: we couldn't get in, second one: expensive and very suspicious, third option: uno and beer! ;-) Always a winner!
Also, yesterday the girl next door arrived. She is Russian, living in Germany. So finally we get to practice our Russian a little. It is often hard to understand her, but in the end I've realised that I can do it if I have to. Again, I'll be just fine. By the time I get home the only languages I'll be able to talk are English and Russian. No no, I'll have to keep practicing my Geelish!
Tonight we're cooking. Spaghetti probably as the guys bought 3 kilos of sauce. No idea why.... It'll probably take us about 2 hours to prepare it as the Russian cookers are rather slow. But it'll all be worth it in the end.
And then tomorrow, the big day: We have to go to the university and do an oral test. Then they'll divide us into different groups, depending on our Russian skills. We (me, Cedric and Yves) already know that we'll end up in nursery :-) No, it's better that way, as we don't have to be afraid to say something and make mistakes, which would be the case if we're n class together with real Russians...

Right, 1 more thing to say: Mum, Dieter, Moe Jeanne & Bo Jos, Danny, Cathy, Elke and Marie; thank you very much for my farewell presents and letters!
I'll try to update my blog every week, but I can't promise anything.

Missing you all!

4 comments:

F²M said...

heeeeeey S'ke!! keiblij u te lezen!! gelijk we hadde voorspeld:tis een avontuur daar, da s duidelijk!!
maar gij slaagt u der wel glansrijk door!! driewerf hoera voor bier en uno!! ;-)
take care over there in moskva!!

Tessa said...

Heyheyhey! Wauw seg, ge zijt er! Ben heel benieuwd naar uw Russische avonturen. Goed dat ge hebt doorgezet!

SarahVdc said...

Oh..dankuwel voor de bemoedigende woordjes! Appreciatie alom!
Ik hoop dat daar alles naar wens verloopt?! Maar dat zal ik wel vernemen via jullie blogs.
Tot de vogende blogdate!
xXx..

Unknown said...

Hey sarah,
Tante Chris en Stephanie hier.
Hoe gaat het met jou bij de russen?
Met charlotte alles goed, dit is haar site: http://charlyengert.blogse.nl en er staan foto's op: www.myspace.com/charlie_and_gert.
Hier in Geel is alles nog hetzelfde en ons moe vergeet nog atlijd even veel ;). Maar saartje, ik moet gaan verder doen aan mijn eten, doe je best en amuseer je! Groetjes van iedereen x