Saturday 25 August 2007

I'll miss my Belgian hangovers!

PICTURES !!!
Click on the link below and find the pictures of La Nuit Tropical in Geel http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2088263054


Man, what a busy week... Getting ready for Russia, studying, my mum having an accident and consequently buying a new car, meeting people for drinks as a last good-bye, going to Antwerp and meeting a girl who's been at the University of Moscow, getting my visum and, most important of all, partying and getting pissed!

A little explanation, maybe...

I'll skip all the boring stuff, such as the arrangements for Moscow and studying, and go straight to the horrible part. Imagine getting a phone call from your mother, saying she just had an accident and 3 cars were involved. What do you do? Continue studying? Hell no, being a dream of a daughter I went up there to support mummy. What a mess, this was the end of our beloved purple old timer. God bless him, Amen! Fortunately, no one was hurt so nothing else to do than staying positive. And my mother did get that message; only two days later she bought herself a new car. A really nice one too, only, we'll have to get used to the fact that people won't recognise us anymore. Having a purple Bolhoedje means standing out, you see. But I am very happy for her, it's nice to see her smiling again!

On Thursday I went to Antwerp to do my exams and hopefully get that distinction. Cross those fingers... In the evening we met Sarrah, a former HIVT-er went to study in Moscow last year. I'm glad I got to talk to her, she really eased my mind. I'm very confident now, I'm going to do just fine over there and half a year will fly by without me noticing.

On Friday I went to get my visa and man, those Russians are so greedy! They asked €20 for stamping my doctor's appoval to take my medicines with me. What's that all about? People have to pay for being epileptic?

And then the evening came... Us girls met at the pub and went to an open-air party (see photos). Lots of dancing and drinking involved. Wow...I was irresponsibly pissed. Good way of saying goodbye to my party mates and the Belgian beer. It was really nice to see all those people again, who I haven't seen in months. Before I knew we were kicked out, probably because it was already 4 am. Hmmm...time flies by when your having funa nd being drunk. So we decided to continue our party outside for a little while. Trying to get home was another challenge, because someone broke my precious bike. Well, I got home eventually, not sure what the time was...

Today??? My temporarily last Belgiam hangover. And believe me, it is a proper one...

1 comment:

F²M said...

hold on to the feeling and once you re back well celebrate with a fresh hangover!! :-)
best of luck S!!